This 15 acre natural area sits on the east bank of the Des Plaines River. In 1998 the Village, with School District 103, established a Nature Center in what was the "Old Police Station." The Nature Center and natural area now provide outdoor education opportunities to more than 1600 school children and many Village residents throughout all of the seasons of the year.
In 1997 the Village began extensive restoration of the floodplain forest, wet meadow and peninsula along Lincolnshire Creek. Much of the work was accomplished with volunteer labor. Bird feeders and houses have been placed throughout the site to encourage a broad diversity of birds and other wildlife. Following is a list of amenities at Rivershire Park and Nature Center: