Piedmont Wildlife CenterThe Mission of Piedmont Wildlife Center is to foster healthy connections among people, wildlife and nature.
Goals of the wildlife conservation program at Piedmont Wildlife Center include:
* To inventory flora and fauna of Leigh Farm Park and surrounding New Hope Creek natural areas for existence of invasive species as well as threatened species and species of special concern.
* To restore wildlife habitat in New Hope Creek that encourages native wildlife to live, roost and flourish in its natural areas
* To provide nest boxes for native wildlife in New Hope Creek and encourage use in the backyards of area residents
* To teach area residents how to provide food, water, cover and a place for wildlife to raise young in their backyard
* To involve the public in community service through conservation projects
* To study the human impact on various species of wildlife (current project is studying impact on box turtle population in Leigh Farm Park)