The Belle Isle Nature Zoo (BINZ) is located on the beautiful Belle Isle Park, which offers the perfect location for educational, environmental and natural experiences in the metro Detroit area. This also makes it possible for the BINZ to provide excellent educational experiences for schools, families and community groups.
BINZ visitors are able to get an insider’s view of an actual beehive and get an up-close view of Michigan wildlife. A bird observation window allows guests to watch native and migratory birds as they feed from natural and supplemental food sources. The Deer Encounter allows guest the opportunity to feed the fallow deer while learning about their history with Belle Isle.
The BINZ is committed to increasing environmental awareness by providing educational programs to the community, school students and teachers that address the following:
- Water quality and protection
- Preserving nature
- Tracking and eliminating invasive flora and fauna species
- Cleaning up our community
The BINZ is dedicated to providing assistance in the development of our youth through:
- Career awareness programs for K-12 students and their teachers
- Professional development activities for teachers
- Community projects addressing environmental stewardship
- Educational field trips and outreach programs for schools and community groups